Professor Angel Lopez is helping revolutionise the way we un...
SA Pathology is replacing the current 5mL EDTA+Gel collectio...
The Commonwealth Department of Health has announced a delay ...
SA Pathology has introduced its new Laboratory Information S...
In March 2016, SA Pathology began to use a new prostate spec...
ECG helps doctors with health checks
23 February 2017
SA Pathology has introduced ECG screening for non-urgent asymptomatic patients at a number of convenient locations across metropolitan Adelaide, as well as the Adelaide hills and south coast regions. Symptomatic patients with heart issues should be sent to appropriate hospital emergency departments.
Patients who benefit from the service are those who require general health checks for pre-employment medicals or scans for pre-operative examinations. The convenience of having an ECG together with a necessary blood test is an appealing option for many.
Some key points to consider;
- Clinical referral is necessary; just add ‘ECG’ to the pathology request form
- Test results are provided by qualified cardiologists within 24 hours
- Results can be sent electronically to practice software
- ECG screening is easy, quick and reliable
- Patients do not require an appointment
- There is no cost to patients
The list of SA Pathology patient centres which perform ECG’s see attachment. For more information, phone Enquiries on 8222 3000.Attachment 1 - Click to View