12 Panel Respiratory Testing is Now Available
29 June 2022
Full panel respiratory testing is now available at SA Pathology COVID-19 testing sites with a GP request form.
- Influenza A and B
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- Parainfluenza 1,2,3
- Human Metapneumovirus (HMPV)
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae
- Bordetella pertussis
- Detection of a broad range of pathogens using NAT
- Early viral identification avoids unnecessary prescription of antibiotics and appropriate prescription of antivirals
Why choose us?
- On-call microbiologists are available to clinicians for discussion and interpretation of results
- SA Pathology is at the forefront of South Australia’s COVID-19 response
- Significantly increased sensitivity and specificity compared to commercial antigen tests
- We provide specimens to the World Health Organisation (WHO) for typing and drug resistance testing, contributing to development of new vaccines
- Locally developed tests mean rapid response to new strains of influenza, COVID-19 and respiratory pathogens and ability to adapt and respond to changing strains of infection
- Servicing the South Australian community for over 80 years through our network of laboratories
For requesting doctors, phone us on 8222 3000. Patients should contact their doctor to discuss results.
Happy International Pathology Day! Today is an opportunity ...
We are thrilled to introduce Dr Joy Rathjen, our new Directo...
An electrocardiogram (ECG) is a simple test used to check yo...
South Australian newborn babies and their families will bene...
Introducing Tina Grasso, SA Pathology’s new Nurse Clinical E...