12 Panel Respiratory Testing is Now Available
29 June 2022
Full panel respiratory testing is now available at SA Pathology COVID-19 testing sites with a GP request form.
- Influenza A and B
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- Parainfluenza 1,2,3
- Human Metapneumovirus (HMPV)
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae
- Bordetella pertussis
- Detection of a broad range of pathogens using NAT
- Early viral identification avoids unnecessary prescription of antibiotics and appropriate prescription of antivirals
Why choose us?
- On-call microbiologists are available to clinicians for discussion and interpretation of results
- SA Pathology is at the forefront of South Australia’s COVID-19 response
- Significantly increased sensitivity and specificity compared to commercial antigen tests
- We provide specimens to the World Health Organisation (WHO) for typing and drug resistance testing, contributing to development of new vaccines
- Locally developed tests mean rapid response to new strains of influenza, COVID-19 and respiratory pathogens and ability to adapt and respond to changing strains of infection
- Servicing the South Australian community for over 80 years through our network of laboratories
For requesting doctors, phone us on 8222 3000. Patients should contact their doctor to discuss results.
Test Spotlight - Renin and Aldosterone
Aldosterone is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands, whi...
What happens during a blood test?
Does having a blood test make you nervous? Let us take you...
IWD 2023 - Bec Bahnisch
“Science is in my blood” Meet Rebecca (Bec) Bahnisch, Met...
New hope after unexplained pregnancy loss
Despite increased access to healthcare and advanced monitori...
The South Australian Tissue Bank
SA Pathology’s Tissue Bank has been supplying grafts and imp...